Planning Pregnancy? Join us for a Fertility & Ayurveda Webinar!
If you are trying to conceive, are thinking about conceiving, or know someone that would like to conceive, this webinar is for you.
Ayurveda has a long tradition of supporting couples through the preconception period, which begins long before conception. To optimize the health of the child and parents, Ayurveda recommends a phase of cleansing and rejuvenation prior to conception, filled with a rich tradition of determining good timing and good practices for conception. In this way, the preconception period is often viewed as being even more important than the pregnancy period itself, from a preparatory and preventative point-of-view.
Here are five tips that you can follow:
- Spend time doing a proper cleanse to remove toxins and blockages from the body.
- During this time, cleanse unhealthy habits or patterns in your relationship with your partner and yourself. Remove expectations, and remember that this is a natural process!
- Follow the cleanse period with a strong rejuvenation period. You want to build and nourish the deepest tissue layer (your reproductive tissues), which takes nutritious foods, herbs, and time.
- Eat foods that are organic, with a variety of colors, and that are nourishing and building. Take a look at our Balancing Vata guide for food ideas. You want root vegetables, ghee, dairy from raw and organic sources, and delicious treats (avoiding processed white sugar)!
- Spend time around things that make you feel juicy and symbolize fertility and purity (water, blooming flowers, the color white, watching sunsets or sunrises, spending time with your loved one in nurturing ways like long walks or sweet conversations).
Myra Lewin and I will dive deeper into Ayurveda’s ancient knowledge of preconception and we will share our experience in an hour-long webinar on September 16th, 2015, hosted by the American Herbalist Guild. We’d love for you to join us as we explore this period that can be filled with beautiful health, deep insights, and self-discovery.
If you’d like to read more about Ayurvedic preconception care, read our Preparing for Pregnancy guide.