- Best SellerTriphala tablets
Traditional Ayurvedic blend to support digestion, elimination, and a healthy gut microbiome*$19.99
- Best SellerMint Daily Swish™
Cool and refreshing pulling oil for clean, healthy teeth and gums$1.50
Triphala is one of the most well-known and commonly used formulas in Ayurveda. With a unique ability to detoxify and rejuvenate the body, along with a host of other benefits, this traditional herbal formula is one of the true herbal essentials within the Ayurvedic pharmacopeia.
Banyan offers Triphala powder (churna), Triphala tablets, and Triphala liquid extract.
The Three Herbs in Triphala
Our organic triphala is a traditional formulation of triphala ingredients that includes equal parts of three herbal fruits, all native to India and Southern Asia. Each beneficial in its own right, they create a powerful synergy when they come together that is balancing for all three doshas of vata, pitta, and kapha.
- Amalaki or Amla (Emblica officinalis), also called Indian gooseberry, is packed with antioxidants and famous for its high content of vitamin C.1 It is known to have an affinity for pitta dosha.
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica) also contains several antioxidants2 and is known in Ayurveda as one of the best herbs for balancing kapha dosha.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula) has a high content of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, iron, magnesium, and potassium, as well as antioxidants.3 It is commonly used to balance vata dosha.
What Does Triphala Do?
In Ayurveda, triphala is known as a rasayana, an herb that has a unique ability to nourish and rejuvenate the body while supporting healthy tissues. At the same time, triphala is one of the most effective herbal formulas for detoxification.
Thanks to these benefits, triphala supports almost every system within the body. But it may be most commonly used for its natural ability to support digestive health, support regularity, and help relieve occasional constipation. (Please note that triphala is not intended to support chronic constipation, which can be a sign of an underlying imbalance and may need practitioner support.)
Triphala can also be used to support healthy skin, strong lustrous hair, and even oral health, when used as an herbal mouthwash.
Can Triphala Be Taken Daily?
Triphala is a powerful and effective detoxifier, yet it is also gentle enough for daily use. In fact, many people take this formula safely and effectively on a daily basis over the course of many years.
Unlike many other herbs that support regularity, Triphala does not create a physical dependency, but rather helps to support the natural health and tone of the GI tract over time.
When to Take Triphala?
Triphala is best taken on an empty stomach, either last thing at night before going to bed or first thing in the morning upon waking. The perfect triphala dosage can vary depending on your individual constitution and needs. When you buy triphala from Banyan, we recommend starting with the suggested serving size on the triphala product guidelines, and adjusting the dosage with the support of a practitioner if needed.
Banyan Quality & Guarantee
When you’re considering where to buy triphala and where to shop for herbal products, it’s important to consider the values, commitments, and sourcing practices of the company from which you choose to purchase your herbs.
Banyan is committed to offering the highest quality organic herbs on the market. Our herbs are organic, sustainably sourced, and fairly traded. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, simply return your item within 90 days and we will offer you a refund for the cost of the merchandise.
1. Brennan, Dan. “Triphala: Are There Health Benefits? the Potential Benefits, Risks, and More.” WebMD, November 3, 2020. https://www.webmd.com/diet/triphala-good-for-you#1.