Certified B Corporation®
B Corporations are leaders of the global movement of people using business as a force for good.™
We are proud to join over 4,000 Certified B Corporations from more than 150 industries in 60+ countries with 1 unifying goal—to redefine success in business.
Certified B Corps meet higher standards of social and environmental performance, transparency, and accountability. These performance standards are comprehensive, transparent, and verified by the nonprofit B Lab. It's like what Fair Trade certification is to a bag of coffee—except it's for the entire company.
Banyan's mission and values reflect the philosophy and focus of Certified B Corps. We're here to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being through the wisdom of Ayurveda, and as an Ayurvedic company, we see the inherent connection between our own health and the health of the world. As we aim to achieve deeper harmony in our bodies, we must also care for the health of our communities and the planet.
At Banyan, this commitment is built into the way we operate. Often referred to as the triple bottom line, we put as much emphasis on our social and environmental impacts as on our profits. As a B Corp, we can demonstrate this in concrete, transparent, and objective facts.
Learn more at our B Impact Profile page.
We intend to provide you with the highest quality Ayurvedic herbs and products possible. We believe a high-quality product is one that is pure, effective, and produced in an environmentally friendly and ethical manner. To do this we are committed to the following practices in the production of our herbs:
USDA Certified Organic
When you purchase certified organic herbs from Banyan Botanicals, you can be confident that you are making a healthful choice, while also contributing to a healthier planet. Our organic herbs are grown by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources, and the conservation of soil and water to enhance environmental quality for future generations. USDA Certification is your guarantee that the herbs and products are produced without pesticides, chemical fertilizers, sewage sludge, GMOs, or ionizing radiation.
Most Ayurvedic herbs on the market are wild-harvested without regard for the long-term effects on the species or the environment. Many widely used plants are threatened and in danger of being unavailable either through extinction or over-harvesting. Banyan Botanicals is working to reverse this trend by supporting sustainable projects that use ecologically friendly methods of farming and harvesting.
Banyan Botanicals is committed to harmonious relationships with our suppliers, supporting the social and economic well-being of small farmers and producers, and to upholding the principles of trading fairly. As we create our fair trade products, we are committed to the following fair trade principles:
- Maintaining direct, long-term relationships with producers based on solidarity, trust, and mutual respect.
- Paying promptly and fairly. We believe that fair trade is a strategy for poverty alleviation and sustainable development. When working with long-term partners, pre-payment requests are granted when possible as pre-financing can provides sustained financial support to producers throughout the growing season.
- Providing equal pay for equal work, no matter the gender or background.
- Upholding safe, healthy, and empowering working conditions free of forced labor and physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal harassment or abuse.
- Seeking to eliminate discrimination based on race, caste, national origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union membership, political affiliation, age, marital, or health status.
- Cultivating environmental stewardship throughout the entire trading chain.
- Celebrating the cultural diversity of communities, encouraging the development of farming practices and organizational models based on indigenous traditions and techniques to sustain cultures and traditions.
To help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being.
We fulfill our mission by:
- Empowering individuals to take personal responsibility for their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health through the wisdom of Ayurveda.
- Producing the highest quality Ayurvedic products using certified organic herbs that are sustainably sourced and fairly traded.
- Educating, inspiring, and motivating our customers by creating high-quality, educational content.
- Providing excellent customer service and guaranteed satisfaction.
Honesty, dignity, and respect
We value the infinite potential inherent in all humanity, thus we treat our customers, vendors, and co-workers with honesty, dignity, and respect. In order to cultivate healthy relationships, we practice effective communication and working together as a team.
We value excellence in quality, therefore we are continuously striving to improve the quality of our customer service, products, the level of our support and knowledge, the reliability of our service, and the timeliness of our deliveries.
Growth of knowledge
We value the creativity and resourcefulness of our team. Thus we support innovation and progress through training and education and by providing a work environment that encourages responsibility and growth.
Sanctity of Nature
We value the beauty and sanctity of nature, thus we seek to minimize our impact on the environment by using natural ingredients in our products and by making a conscious effort to support organic farming, recycling, and sustainable sources of energy.
Fiscal, social, and environmental responsibility
We value the opportunity to serve our customers and make a difference in the lives of others. Therefore we are committed to ensuring our survival by being financially successful while acting in a socially responsible and environmentally sensitive manner.