The All-in-One Product for Healthy Weight Management
We all know how difficult it is for people to maintain a healthy weight regimen. Simplicity is the key to help your clients be successful in attaining their goal. For that reason, Trim Support is the ideal herbal supplement to support healthy weight management that will perfectly complement other dietary and lifestyle efforts.
Weight management is about managing the fatty tissue layer of the body (meda dhatu). To that end, we focus on supporting healthy digestive fire (agni), supporting the liver and its processing of the elements in the food we eat (especially water and earth), and moving excess kapha. Here is a closer look at this beautiful formulation and how the individual herbs work together.
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa). Punarnava is the most fundamental kapha herb and, as such, it is one of the main ingredients in this formulation. Not only does it help balance kapha, but it also supports all of the organs involved in proper functioning of kapha in the body (the heart, liver, and kidneys). In addition to metabolizing kapha, it also aids in the elimination of kapha from the body.
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica). As the other key ingredient in this formulation, chitrak is a powerfully heating herb that kindles the digestive fire (agni), supports the liver and metabolism of heavy foods, and aids in proper absorption and assimilation of nutrients.
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes). With excess kapha, there is often accumulation of natural toxins and excess stagnation within the GI tract. Vidanga helps scrape these away and increase the metabolism within not only this tract but in all tissues!
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica). Bibhitaki is one of the three fruits in triphala and has an inclination toward kapha, with detoxifying and rejuvenating effects. It has an affinity to the organs that kapha likes to accumulate in (the lungs, liver, urinary tract, sinuses). It counteracts the damp and heavy qualities of kapha with its astringent taste and dry and light qualities.
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula). Not only does haritaki help the GI tract in its proper functioning, but it is also a strong rejuvenator, which is a boon, especially after all of the cleansing and detoxifying brought about by the other herbs in this formulation.
- Amalaki (Emblica officinalis). Amalaki, renowned for its natural antioxidants, deeply nourishes the tissues in the body. Its cooling effect offers a balance to the other heating herbs in this formulation.
- Guggulu (Commiphora mukul). Guggulu resin is specifically revered for its ability to scrape out natural toxins from all tissues in the body and for helping carry herbs to the parts of the body where they are needed. As such, many love this herb because it helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range and healthy weight management, particularly when combined with triphala (which is a combination of the above three herbs).
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus). Musta gently supports digestion and the elimination of natural toxins without aggravating pitta or vata. It works particularly well in the pelvis and lower abdomen.
- Brahmi (Centella asiatica). Healthy weight management often incorporates an approach to supporting a healthy mind and releasing “mental baggage.” Brahmi supports the mind and the entire nervous system, making it a welcome addition to this formulation.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale). Ginger is one of the must-have herbs for any process involving supporting a healthy digestive fire throughout the body. It gently warms the body and reduces kapha.
- Pippali (Piper longum) and Black Pepper (Piper nigrum). Both of these herbs stimulate metabolism and the burning of natural toxins while supporting the digestive fire. They also promote healthy circulation and support the liver. Pippali has a particular affinity to the lungs, removing excess kapha and rejuvenating the tissues.
Start with the recommended one to two tablets once or twice daily. The amount will depend on your client’s constitution and imbalance (start at a lower dose if you sense higher pitta. You may slowly increase the dosage as needed based on your assessments.
Consider recommending that your clients take this formulation with warm water (and also drink warm water throughout the day). Taking the tablets before meals will help further support the digestive fire specifically, and taking the tablets after meals will help with the elimination of natural toxins (ama).
Above all, encourage your clients to be patient. Some people see results fairly immediately, while others may have more natural toxins and a weaker digestive fire. In this case it could take some additional time to release and kindle, respectively.