Literally meaning "the one that renews", Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) is well known in Ayurveda for its health promoting qualities. It is one of the best herbs for balancing and rejuvenating kapha and is an ingredient in most traditional kapha-reducing formulas. Punarnava is used to support proper function of the heart, liver and kidneys and to promote comfortable movement of the joints for those with kapha constitutions and imbalances. It promotes healthy weight management especially when one is prone toward easily gaining weight rather than losing it. Punarnava also supports the healthy elimination of urine and comfortable fluid levels in the tissues.*
Kapha rejuvenating herb that promotes overall health and well-being*
- Removes excess kapha from the system*
- Supports proper function of the heart, liver and kidneys*
- Promotes balanced fluid levels in the tissues and the healthy flow of urine*
- Supports optimal weight management*
Energetics and Use
- Rasa (taste): bitter, sweet
- Virya (action): cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas especially kapha, may aggravate vata if used in excess.
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
Punarnava Root Powder (Boerhaavia diffusa)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.