The feet hold many energy points linked to almost every part of the body. They connect us to the earth, providing stability and grounding, and, quite literally, bear the weight of the day. A foot massage is a great way to show appreciation and offer daily relief to this very deserving part of your body.
- Instills a state of deep relaxation and improves the quality of sleep
- Stimulates and invigorates all organs and bodily tissues
- Brings a sense of stability and being rooted in yourself, relieving anxiousness and tension
- Supports circulation to the lower half of the body
- Strengthens the feet and alleviates coarseness, stiffness, and fatigue
- Place a towel underneath your feet.
- Pour a small amount of oil into your hand and spread the oil over the top and bottom of the foot, including the ankles and toes.
- Massage the entire sole of the foot, using circular motions and firm strokes.
- Begin with the big toe. Simultaneously press at the base of the toenail and on the underside of the toe with your forefinger and thumb.
- Massage from the base of the toe to the tip. Repeat on each toe.
- Massage along the length of the top of the foot, firmly pressing into the crevices between each of the bones.
- Repeat the process on the other foot.
- Cover your feet with socks if doing the massage before bedtime.