Banyan Botanicals Community Grant Fund
Banyan’s mission is to help people achieve and maintain health and well-being through the wisdom of Ayurveda. Our philanthropic commitment builds upon this mission, and our philanthropic vision is to:
- Help make the wisdom and benefits of Ayurveda accessible to all.
- Further the education and practice of Ayurveda in the United States.
As such, it is our intention to support people, organizations, and projects that are aligned with our mission, vision, and values. A sample of our philanthropic giving can be found on our Banyan Gives Back page.
We recognize that within the Ayurvedic community, people are doing great work to serve their communities by making Ayurveda more accessible, and that there are those who dream of better supporting disadvantaged people in their community. We want to help make these dreams happen!
What We Will Fund
This year, we will award 2–4 community grants ranging from $250–$4,000 to applicants who share our company mission and our philanthropic vision. Each grant recipient will also receive $250–$500 in Banyan product to help fulfill the project goal.
We fund projects that share Ayurveda with people in need. Some ideas include:
- Free or discounted Ayurveda consultations and treatments.
- Pop-up community clinics.
- Self-care workshops for disadvantaged groups.
How to Apply
- Complete the online grant application.
- Submit a video (three minutes or less) that describes your project.
In your video and application, please state:
- An overview of your project and goals.
- Your need for funds, how funds will be used, and how you will measure your success.
- Which Banyan Botanicals products will help you reach your project goals.
Banyan team members will review all completed applications. All applications will be judged fairly based on merit, alignment with our philanthropic vision and company mission, lasting project impact, and realistic, attainable goals and objectives for the project.
Qualifications and Requirements
Applicant must be at least 18 years old and a legal resident of the US with a valid social security number or EIN. No purchase or entry fee required. Business and nonprofit organizations must be established at least one year prior to applying.
Projects must have clearly-defined goals and a plan to achieve them. All applications that meet requirements will be judged fairly based on merit by Banyan Botanicals. Winners will be required to sign a liability and media release.
Grant winners will be required to submit a short video update sharing impact results within six months of receiving funds.
Submission period: July 1–September 30, 2019
Screening period: October 1–October 15, 2019
Announce winners: by November 15, 2019
Please contact Erin, our Corporate Responsibility Manager, with questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.