Licorice (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is a sweet, nourishing herb that is excellent for supporting healthy lungs. Its unctuous quality moistens vata and liquefies kapha promoting healthy expectoration and clear breathing. A natural demulcent, licorice soothes the stomach lining, pacifies excess pitta and promotes stomach comfort. It supports the natural lubrication of the mucosal membranes, calms excess vata and supports regular elimination. Licorice is a tonic for the male reproductive system that promotes virility and the healthy production of semen. It also calms the mind and promotes contentment and harmony.*
Nourishing tonic that supports proper function of the respiratory system*
- Promotes clear, comfortable breathing*
- Removes excess kapha from the stomach and lungs*
- Soothes the mucous membranes and stomach lining*
- Supports proper function of the male reproductive system*
Energetics and Use
- Rasa (taste): sweet, bitter
- Virya (action): cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): sweet
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for vata and pitta, may increase kapha in excess.
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
Licorice Root Powder (Glycyrrhiza glabra)
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.