Write for Us!
Are you interested in contributing to our Banyan Insight Blog?
Our mission at Banyan is to help others achieve health and well-being through the timeless wisdom of Ayurveda. Our blog directly supports our mission by sharing high quality content that helps educate, inspire, and empower our readers as they embrace a healthy lifestyle and learn about Ayurveda and the powerful benefits of herbs.
Our blog features a wide range of wellness topics focused on the modern Ayurvedic lifestyle, including fundamental Ayurvedic knowledge, living in balance, Ayurvedic herbs, and how yoga and Ayurveda are interconnected, to name a few.
With so much to cover, we’re constantly on the lookout for great writers who have a passion for health, well-being, and all things Ayurvedic.
If you feel you are in alignment with our mission and can help us continue to expand the conversation on Ayurveda, we would love to hear from you! Check out our qualifications and requirements, and if you meet these, then send us a sample of your writing.
The Benefits of Publishing on Banyan:
After 20+ years serving the Ayurvedic community, we are grateful to be recognized as a leading authority on Ayurveda and how to live an Ayurvedic lifestyle. As Ayurveda gains in popularity, Banyan stands out as a premier resource for Ayurvedic digital content.
Here are a few more details about the benefits of publishing with us:
- Your work is published under your name.
- We include an author bio on your article, in which you can include information about yourself, your offerings, and backlinks to your website and social media.
- With an average of 38,000 unique readers each month, our blog offers incredible exposure to a passionate and engaged audience.
- We’ll share your article with our social following of over 70,000 wellness lovers.
- The traffic to our blog continues to grow at 10% year over year, meaning that the value of publishing on our website increases with time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Complement our mission, vision, and values
- Be well-written, clear, informative, empowering, uplifting, and fresh
- Be 800-1200 words (more is accepted!)
- Be original and exclusive to the Banyan website (we will not publish articles that have been published elsewhere)
- Have some Ayurvedic or herbal training
- Be able to meet set deadlines, word counts, and provided topic and writing guidelines
How to Submit a Writing Sample:
- Send an email to InsightBlog@banyanbotanicals.com. Include your name, a little information about yourself, and a writing sample.
- Within a few weeks, we will get back to you. We will review for writing quality, tone, and overall alignment with our mission and values.
- If the piece meets our criteria, we will be in touch about potential articles for you to write!
Do you pay per article?
At this time, we do not offer payment for contributing articles. To make the most of your exposure, be sure to send us a bio that includes information about your business, books, classes, or workshops, and backlinks to your personal content, social pages, and/or shopping links. Author bios have an 800 character limit.
If you approve my writing sample, what can I expect as next steps?
We will be in touch! If the piece meets our criteria, we will share our article topics and editorial calendar, from which you can choose a topic that most interests you.
What if I have an idea that isn’t on your topics list?
We would love to hear your ideas! We can talk about them after your sample has been approved.
How polished does my article need to be when I submit it?
Once you submit a piece, we expect the content will only need minimal editing. Our editing team will review and make final edits before publishing, but we cannot accept an article that requires extensive revisions.
Do you have a style guide that I should follow?
Yes! We will send you our in-house style guide once your topic is determined. For the most part, we follow Chicago Manual of Style.
Do you provide writing development and feedback to help me hone my writing skills?
We are happy to provide a draft with tracked edits, upon request. However, we do not provide feedback beyond that, nor do we have the resources to offer writing development support. We will only accept articles that are well-written and need little to no rewriting or revision.