Boswellia (Boswellia serrata), also known as Indian frankincense, has a long history of use in religious ceremonies. As a medicinal herb, the gum resin is used to detoxify the joint tissue and to support comfortable movement. It is said to be heating due to its support of healthy circulation, and cooling because of its soothing action on the tissues. Boswellia is also traditionally used to open the mind and to clear the subtle channels of the body.*
Herbal tablets that contain Boswellia include:
Other products that contain Boswellia include:
Supports proper function of the joints*
- Promotes comfortable movement of the joints*
- Removes natural toxins and excess heat from the joint tissue*
- Supports healthy blood circulation*
- Promotes the flow of energy within the body channels and tissues*
Energetics and Use
- Rasa (taste): bitter, pungent, astringent, sweet
- Virya (action): heating and cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): pungent
- Doshas (constitutions): Balancing for all doshas, may increase vata and pitta in excess.
¼ to ½ teaspoon with warm water, once or twice daily, or as directed by your health practitioner.
Please consult with your health care practitioner prior to the use of this product if you are pregnant or nursing, taking medications, or have a medical condition. Keep out of the reach of children.
Boswellia resin (Boswellia serrata)+.
Other ingredients, from natural sources: organic rice hull concentrate.
This product is organically grown and processed in accordance with the USDA's National Organic Program (NOP).
This item contains no animal products and is suitable for vegetarians and vegans.