Social Media Manager
Banyan Botanicals seeks a creative and highly motivated Social Media Manager to join our Marketing Department with a passion for Ayurveda, social media, and community engagement.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the successful operation of Banyan’s social platforms. The ideal candidate has a passion for sharing Ayurveda, building community, and raising awareness around social and environmental issues. The ideal candidate has a desire to share Banyan’s core mission and values with our online audience and has previous experience in social media marketing. The Social Media Manager is a member of the Content Team and will work closely with existing Banyan staff to facilitate the maintenance and growth of social channels.
- Managing. The Social Media Manager plans, develops, and executes social posts from ideation to publication. This includes managing a social media calendar, planning content, and working closely with the promotional team to coordinate campaigns.
- Creating. The Social Media Manager is responsible for the creation of each post including copywriting, hashtag research, and image curation.
- Strategizing. Develop strategies to scale and grow Banyan’s social presence across platforms. Closely monitors social engagement trends and adjusts as needed to stay relevant and appropriate.
- Engaging. Focus on building community conversations and engagement that creates inclusion and generates enthusiasm for Ayurveda while building the brand as an industry leader on vital social and environmental issues.
- Influencer Relations. Identify content creators and influencers who are aligned with Banyan’s values and build relationships for collaboration. Develop cross-brand campaigns including takeovers, giveaways, and guest posts to reach new audiences and build strong relationships.
- Analyzing. The Social Media Manager reports on key metrics related to channel growth and campaign performance including content engagement, reach, lead generation, and conversion.
- Social media experience. The Social Media Manager should have experience engaging on all social platforms used by the brand including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, understanding the nuances of each platform.
- Ayurvedic education. The Social Media Manager should have a basic Ayurvedic education to be able to produce accurate and on-brand content related to an Ayurvedic lifestyle. Prior experience as an Ayurvedic practitioner, educator, or trainer is preferred.
- Strong writing skills. The Social Media Manager must have professional writing experience, preferably brand-oriented, blogging, and/or social media marketing copy. They have preferably worked in a wellness or supplement industry and has a proficient understanding of FDA compliant copy.
- Excellent project management. The Social Media Manager should have experience managing a project from end to end with the ability to meet deadlines and provide timely updates to stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills. The Content Project Manager must work skillfully in a digital marketing ecosystem. They should be comfortable using Asana, DAMs, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite are strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills. The Social Media Manager will communicate directly with Banyan’s followers and customers, as well as influencers in the wellness community. Impeccable communication skills are a must, with the ability to engage gracefully through written and verbal interactions.
- Passionate. The ideal candidate has experienced learning, living, and loving Ayurveda personally and strives to share Ayurveda clearly and authentically with others.
- Creative. The ideal candidate stays abreast of trends in health and wellness, design and visual branding, and social media marketing best practices.
- Innovative. The ideal candidate thinks big-picture to support the Banyan audience of followers and create new opportunities for community engagement.
- Banyan superfan. The ideal candidate is a personal fan of the Banyan brand and product line. They use Banyan products and can genuinely create excitement and engagement with the brand’s online following. They are also aligned with Banyan’s values and seek opportunities for the brand to educate and inspire followers on a wide variety of causes.
- Self-directed but team-oriented. The ideal candidate moves dynamically from self-initiation and idea generation to teamwork and collaboration.
- This is a full-time position located in Ashland, Oregon, with the option for remote work.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes health insurance, paid vacation time and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. We serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.