Social Media and Blog Manager
The Social Media and Blog Manager is responsible for the successful operation of the Banyan Insight Blog and Social Media platforms. The ideal candidate possesses a love for Ayurveda, an enthusiasm for organic and holistic living, and a passion for nurturing health and the human spirit. The ideal candidate has a desire to share Banyan’s core mission and values with our online audience and has previous experience in social media marketing and blog activities. The Social Media and Blog Manager is a member of the Content Creation team and will work closely with existing Banyan staff to facilitate the maintenance and growth of the Social Media and Blog department.
Manage all aspects of the Banyan Insight Blog:
- Initiate blog article creation. Brainstorm potential article ideas and series, recruit Ayurvedic experts to write articles, and assign article ideas to appropriate authors.
- Guide the article editing process. Coordinate with the in-house editing team, relay edits and feedback to authors, meet deadlines to ensure posts are made on schedule.
- Manage editorial calendar. Plan, schedule, and post articles.
- Format articles using HTML.
- Select supportive images that express the Banyan style.
- Write occasional blog articles.
- Follow best practices for search engine optimization, site speed optimization, hyperlinks, formatting, and layouts.
- Work with Content Creation team to schedule and post internally created blog articles.
Manage all aspects of Social Media:
- Manage all social accounts, focusing on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Twitter, and Google+.
- Build upon, and execute, Banyan’s social media strategy.
- Plan, create, and manage multi-platform campaigns according to the yearly social media content calendar.
- Monitor social media for customer comments and questions and respond accordingly, focusing on building community conversations and engagement.
- Create post content and/or delegate in-house tasks (e.g. graphic design, copywriting) to team members while holding responsibility for meeting deadlines.
- Uphold weekly posting frequencies on all platforms, implementing editorial calendars and syndication schedules.
- Watch analytics closely and apply insights to planning and campaign strategy. Prepare analytics reports for team leaders.
- Monitor trends and encourage adoption of social media tools.
The Social Media and Blog Manager must have impeccable communication skills. The ideal candidate has a professional communication style that is also friendly and concise and conveys ideas in a clear and precise way. He or she is experienced and comfortable communicating with a wide range of people and personality types (e.g. customers, audience members, well-known members of the Ayurveda community, co-workers). Prior experience with copywriting preferred.
Excellent understanding of social media.
The Social Media and Blog Manager must have proven social media skills. This includes an understanding of the type of content that works best on each platform, the ability to optimize content accordingly, and a thorough grasp of the nuances of each platform. Must be able to represent Banyan Botanicals in the social world and take our presence to the next level. Experience with social media management tools is a plus.
Customer service experience.
Banyan’s social media platforms are an important customer service tool, and the Social Media and Blog Manager will know how to communicate with customers and audience members in a helpful and service-oriented way.
A drive to engage with Banyan’s audience.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team member who possesses high energy, professionalism, and confidence. The Social Media and Blog Manager is enthusiastic about engaging with our influencers, Ambassadors, and social audience to build relations and discover how we can best serve their needs. He or she will share the story and voice of Banyan Botanicals and must be willing to immerse themselves in the company and our values.
Some HTML knowledge.
The Social Media and Blog Manager has experience with basic HTML code and formatting.
A strong interest in Ayurveda.
The ideal candidate must create daily content that supports Banyan’s Ayurvedic offerings and educational materials. Some knowledge of Ayurveda will provide a foundation for coherence.
The Social Media and Blog Manager has many balls in the air at once and must feel comfortable holding responsibility for daily routine tasks as well as bigger picture projects.
Some SEO (search engine optimization) knowledge.
The Social Media and Blog Manager knows how to optimize SEO by aligning it with the overall social media plan. The ideal candidate understands the importance of SEO and how to implement it on the blog and social media platforms.
Superior time management skills.
The Social Media and Blog Manager prioritizes their tasks in a way that moves projects forward according to deadlines. Routine daily tasks are done in an efficient but thoughtful manner.
Self-directed but team-oriented.
The ideal candidate works well under pressure, able to meet deadlines and successfully prioritize, delegate, organize, and multi-task.
- This is a full-time position.
- This position is located in Ashland, Oregon. This is not a remote work opportunity, though there is some schedule flexibility. The ideal candidate must be willing to relocate to, or live near, Ashland, Oregon.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Standard Banyan benefits packages include health insurance and vacation time.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.