Purchasing and Logistics Assistant
Banyan Botanicals is looking for a an exceptional Purchasing and Logistics Assistant to support the Purchasing Department in Albuquerque, NM. This position requires an individual to be extremely organized, have a keen attention to detail, excellent mathematical skills and communication skills. The Purchasing and Logistics Assistant will report to the Purchasing Manager to ensure there is correct prioritization of initiatives and that execution is meeting the established timelines.
- Monitoring the electronic inventory levels in MOM and supporting the Inventory Coordinator.
- Monitor stocking levels at the warehouse and knowing when to replenish stock.
- May have similar duties to a scheduler or logistician.
- Create purchase orders and send to vendors
- Local Herbs, Bulk oils, Essential oils, Bees wax, Rice, Butter, etc…
- Oil Supplies
- Herb Production Supplies
- Tablets & Liquid Extracts
- Soaps & Soap Boxes
- Flyers & Post cards
- Tongue Cleaners & their cards and bags
- Daily Swish & Daily Massage oil single packets
- R&D Items
- Send Herbs for Treatment – includes milling, blending, sterilization, and heat treatment
- Freight Co-ordination
- For Local herbs, Rice & Bulk Oils
- For Tablet Herbs, Tablets, Tablet Bottles, & Liquid Extracts
- For Oil Supplies, Herb Supplies, Shipping Supplies like Wraps, Shipping Boxes, Cases, Amazon Boxes & Bags
- For Soaps, Daily Swish Singles & Tongue Cleaners
- Filing & Tracking Claims
- For Treated Herbs
- Work Orders
- Create SCP work orders for Tablets coordinating shipment of Tablet herbs
- Create SCP work orders for inhouse blends
- Inventory – backup and assist Inventory Coordinator as needed for cycle counts and adjustment to inventory in MOM
- Receiving all Inventory items in MOM
- Approving Invoices
- Entering invoice details in Excel Sheet
- Filing claims with freight companies and vendors
- Fixing Vendor mistakes (i.e. inaccurate quantity, items, damaged items, getting credit or returns
Physical Requirements (not limited to)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, crawl, reach above and below shoulders, repetitive arm and wrist use.
- Must be able to see and hear.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work around moderate noise level.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Communication Skills: will need to speak with vendors and co-workers on a regular basis.
- Critical-Thinking Skills: will need to devise plans of action and asses those plans regularly.
- Organizational Skills: Multiple orders, people and many moving pieces will keep this person on their toes.
- Problem-Solving Skills: will need to be ready when problems arise, or be ready to anticipate problems before they happen.
- Directed work – Daily, monthly, quarterly, yearly tasks
- Time-based/Deadline oriented projects
- Basic knowledge of Inventory, purchasing, sourcing and accounting principles
- Application software knowledge – office suites (excel, office, outlook, powerpoint), Smartsheet, Asana, MOM, SCP, Communique
- Attention to Detail & Accuracy
- Prefer a degree in business, logistics or management or similar
- Prefer experience in purchasing, logistics, warehouse or inventory
- This is a full-time position located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes health, dental & vision insurance, vacation time, 401k and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying.
- If you are looking for a welcoming and friendly work environment, please send your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com (please, no calls or drop-ins).
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. As a certified B Corporation, we serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.