Junior Software Developer
Banyan Botanicals seeks a Junior Software Developer to help work on our ecommerce website and internal software systems. Our technology stack includes Linux, Magento 2, Expression Engine, Laravel, MySql, Varnish, and Nginx (LNMP). We have a small development team that works on a variety of projects from frontend customer facing features to backend order processing and integrations with external systems. When comparing to a Senior Software Developer position, an applicant applying for this position is expected to work more closely with senior team members when completing a project. You should also be able to collaborate with the rest of the team about how the team's projects are implemented. This is a chance to grow your skills, work on a wide variety of projects and be a part of a small, hard-working team.
- Adding new features to the website and website upgrades
- Installing and modifying 3rd party modules
- Adding new business logic to our backend integration systems
- A self-starter, eager to learn and hone your skills
- Familiar with the command line and git
- Familiar with good software development practices
- Familiar with Object Orient Programming
Desired Qualities and Experience
- Exceptional reliability, great attitude, trustworthiness, ability to problem-solve, a strong work ethic, and a high level of organizational skill.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and management.
- Excellent time management, including the ability to multitask, juggle multiple assignments over long periods, and meet deadlines.
- Creative thinking and excellent communication skills in order to creatively convey ideas through text and graphics, and to creatively find solutions to design requests.
- Prior software development work or internship (preferred).
- Experience with Magento
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with less or sass
- This is a full-time position located in Ashland, Oregon.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, vacation time, 401k, and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com
- To apply, send résumé, small portfolio, and a cover letter to Christine Boyer at email@example.com.
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. We serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.