Junior Graphic Designer
Banyan Botanicals seeks a creative and professional Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team with experience in print, electronic media, and light frontend development (HTML & CSS). The successful candidate should be someone who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs. An intimate understanding of how marketing campaigns work is helpful. The Graphic Designer will work closely with other members of the Marketing team, using the outlined style guide, and providing active input on brand evolution, when necessary.
- Ensure all digital and print marketing materials and in-house collateral are visually appealing, on-brand, and designed and delivered to agreed standards and deadlines from concept to fruition.
- Work collaboratively with various Banyan departments and amend designs after feedback when necessary.
- Design and create media and assets to support the following Banyan marketing channels:
Website Content Creation:
- Update content across the site as requested, including photo and graphic placement, updating photography, and minor improvements to mobile responsivity.
- Update page layouts and live-text banner creation (using HTML and CSS) on a monthly or as-needed basis.
Email Campaign Design:
- Design, code, and update requested email campaigns for retail and professional channels.
- Assist in the setup of new email sequences, including testing, setting up automations, and making any necessary copy or image adjustments.
- Assist in the coding and updating of transactional emails.
Print Material Design:
- Prepare layouts, designs, and print-ready artwork for various print marketing materials as requested and in collaboration with our Creative Design Lead, including PDFs, print mailers, handouts, catalogs, and event signage.
- Responsible for any updates to print-ready files.
General Graphic Creation:
- Design any requested graphics for all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.), the Banyan Insight Blog, and graphics requested by other Banyan departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in design, marketing, or related discipline, or equivalent in self-taught education.
- A strong portfolio of print and/or electronic graphic design.
- Extensive experience with design software and technologies (such as the Adobe Creative Suite), and word processing software (Microsoft Office). Candidates with experience in the Magento platform with be given prime consideration.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Advanced understanding of typography and color theory.
- Familiarity with Ayurveda preferable. The ideal candidate must create daily content that supports Banyan’s Ayurvedic offerings and educational materials. Some knowledge of Ayurveda will provide a foundation for coherence.
- Exceptional reliability, great attitude, trustworthiness, ability to problem-solve, a strong work ethic and a high level of organizational skill.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers and management.
- Excellent time management, including the ability to multitask, juggle multiple assignments over long periods, and meet deadlines.
- Creative thinking and excellent communication skills in order to creatively convey ideas through text and graphics, and to creatively find solutions to design requests.
- This is a full-time position located in Ashland, Oregon.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes health insurance, vacation time, 401k and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com
- To apply, send résumé, small portfolio, and a cover letter to Christine Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. We serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.