Banyan Botanicals seeks an entry level HTML Developer to join our Marketing team with experience in email coding and light frontend development (HTML & CSS). The successful candidate should be someone who can take a static design and convert it into a responsive coded format that is optimized for a mobile-first consumer environment. Experience with ecommerce is helpful. The HTML Developer will work closely with other members of the Marketing team, bringing our creative campaigns to life in a fast-paced, collaborative, and wellness-oriented environment.
- Code and maintain all Banyan customer emails, working closely with the creative team to execute a shared vision for each campaign.
- Update and maintain on-site content including banners, CMS blocks, educational material, blog articles, images, and product listings.
- Work with the Content Team to ensure the best customer experience possible when browsing Banyan content, whether on Banyanbotanicals.com or Banyan’s Amazon store.
Support the following Banyan marketing channels:
- Update content across the site as requested, including photo and graphic placement, updating photography, implementing copy and formatting edits, and minor improvements to mobile responsiveness.
- Update page layouts and live-text banner creation (using HTML and CSS) on a monthly or as-needed basis.
- Format all new content on site (HTML) using the Content Management System.
- Work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer to execute creative on-site.
- Make recommendations for content optimizations and UX enhancements.
- Transform email design and creative into a fully functional and optimized email using established HTML and brand styles.
- Code, update, and maintain email campaigns for retail and professional channels.
- Assist in the setup of new email sequences, including testing, setting up automations, and maintenance of a healthy subscriber list.
Ecommerce Site Maintenance:
- Update, create, and maintain shopping pages across website as requested.
- Coordinate promotional messaging updates on-site in alignment with promotional calendar.
- Occasional proofing on product pages to ensure accuracy and optimal user experience.
- Make recommendations for UI and UX improvements to shopping experience.
- Submit content updates to Amazon, including images, copy, and A+ content, following up on rejections and disputes when necessary.
- Support the maintenance of Amazon Store creative and shopping pages as needed.
- Extensive experience with HTML5 and CSS3.
- A strong portfolio of digital work including HTML and/or email development. Experience with MailChimp preferred.
- Experience with design software and technologies (such as the Adobe Creative Suite), and word processing software (Microsoft Office). Candidates with experience in the Magento platform will be given prime consideration.
- A keen eye for details and precision.
- Familiarity with Ayurveda preferable.
- Excellent time management, including the ability to multitask, juggle multiple assignments over long periods, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional reliability, great attitude, trustworthiness, ability to problem-solve, a strong work ethic, and a high level of organizational skill.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and self-initiate. Project management skills preferred.
- Creative thinking and solution oriented. Willing to learn new things and be forward-thinking in order to find implementation solutions to design requests.
- This is a full-time position located in Ashland, Oregon.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Banyan Botanicals' benefits package includes health insurance, vacation time and other employee incentives.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com
- To apply, send résumé, small portfolio, and a cover letter to Christine Boyer at email@example.com.
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. As a certified B Corporation, we serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.