Customer Care Specialist
We are hiring in our Customer Service Department!
At Banyan Botanicals, we are passionate about our mission to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being through the timeless wisdom of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic herbs. Our mission is supported by our core company values and by our commitment to organic, fair trade, and sustainable practices. Together, our mission, values, and practices are the foundation of our company and are integral in every aspect of our business, from how we consciously create our work environments to how we interact with one another, make important decisions, help the company grow, and build strong teams of committed, intelligent, compassionate, positive, and all-around awesome individuals.
Our Customer Care Team is here to provide outstanding service to our customers—a crucial component of our mission and values. The Team is comprised of unique and highly talented individuals who are united by their passion to serve others and to help actualize Banyan’s mission.
The workload in Customer Service can be challenging, even intense at times. Each Customer Care Specialist is expected to learn quickly, navigate various platforms with ease, and provide personalized support to our customers, whether it is problem resolution, assisting with an order, or providing helpful resources. Key responsibilities of a Customer Care Specialist are as follows:
Provide world class customer service on all platforms (phone, online chat, email, and more), by:
- Taking ownership of expectations and responsibilities
- Building healthy, professional relationships with customers
- Completing each customer interaction in a way that leaves the customer happy and satisfied with their experience
- Meeting and exceeding all professional etiquette and communication expectations
- Staying present and engaged with each customer interaction
- Providing efficient, accurate service
- Developing a thorough understanding of all Banyan resources, from our standards of procedure to our online materials, to better serve our customers
- Collaborating effectively with team members to better serve our customers and to create a strong, healthy, cohesive team
- Committing to learning and improving on a personal and professional level
Participate in maintaining and improving the flow and efficiency of the department, by:
- Thoroughly understanding all platforms and modes of operation
- Taking personal responsibility to keep up on any departmental changes
- Taking ownership of the daily departmental tasks, such as downloading orders and running reports
- Exercising initiative by jumping in when it gets busy and when team members ask for assistance
There are a number of skills and competencies required in order to succeed in this position, including natural flexibility, technological savviness, well-developed, professional communication skills, and, most importantly, alignment with our mission, values, and culture, which includes passion and interest in Ayurveda and herbs. A sample list of essential competencies needed in this position is as follows:
- Initiative, integrity, high standards, composure, drive and energy, positive impact, sensitivity
- Learning agility, change agility
- Professional communication, including informal, formal, written, and active listening
- Customer orientation, relationship building, team player, conflict management
- Results orientation, organizing and planning, problem solving and decision making
- Technologically savvy
- Mission focus
Starting pay depends on experience. This position is full time, and scheduling flexibility, including the ability to work Saturdays, is needed. Health insurance and paid time off are a part of the package. It is an on-site position at our Ashland, Oregon location.
We look for individuals who exemplify these competencies, are enthusiastic about the responsibilities, are passionate about serving others, and can help us continue to raise the bar of excellence.
If you have these qualities (and more!), please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please, no calls or drop-ins). We will be in touch soon.