Accounting Assistant and Office Administrator
Banyan Botanicals is seeking a dedicated Accounting Assistant and Office Administrator who will be responsible for supporting office productivity, supporting the Accounting team (Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable), and assisting in financial reporting of the company to the Leadership team, along with some Human Resources duties.
We are looking for a positive, motivated individual who is an excellent communicator, has great problem-solving skills, works well on a team, and has a great work ethic. The ideal candidate will be bilingual in both English and Spanish. This job is full-time at 40 hours per week, with an excellent benefits package and paid time off. This is an excellent opportunity to join a great team and a fast-growing business with a positive, diverse, and energetic environment!
Accounts Payable. Manage outgoing bills and invoices such as utility payments, inventory invoices, credit card payments, employee expense accounts and reimbursements. Respond to vendor queries, ensure all payments are sent out on time, and resolve payment discrepancies and disputes on behalf of the company. Prepare weekly Accounts Payable batch for processing.
Accounts Receivable. Manage incoming payments, including posting payments to customer accounts, organizing and filing deposit receipts and reconciling check and cash receipts and deposits. Prepare weekly Accounts Receivable reports to check past dues and send reminders to customers.
Office Management. Open, sort, and distribute or scan incoming mail. Handle petty cash and reconciliation. File tax returns and invoices.
Accounting Duties. Process credit application for Net 30 terms for vendors, upload daily financial and email updates, investigate chargeback issues, enter bank transactions from bank accounts into QuickBooks, order office and warehouse supplies, take employee orders, and collect employee payments. Provide backup support to the Accounting Department, prepare periodic reports and perform other general administrative duties.
Human Resources. Assist the HR Manager as needed. General personnel file administration, occasional orientation and onboarding, answer employee HR-related questions, and report Workers Comp claims.
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and data entry
- 1–3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Human Resources experience
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Organized. The ideal candidate adeptly juggles a variety of projects, with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional Integrity. Must be trustworthy and be able to hold strict confidentiality.
- Detail Oriented. Attention to detail and numeric accuracy.
- Problem Analysis and Resolution. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills. Great communication skills, including the ability to professionally and clearly communicate verbally and in writing, as well as the ability to actively listen.
- Self-Directed but Team-Oriented. Transitions dynamically from self-initiation and idea generation to teamwork and collaboration.
- Proactive. Always looking to improve skills and qualifications.
- This is a full-time position located in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Salary is commensurate with the delineated duties and the candidate’s experience and ability.
- Standard Banyan Botanicals benefits packages include health, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance, 401k, a discount on Banyan products, and vacation time.
- Please have a look at our website and familiarize yourself with our company before applying: www.banyanbotanicals.com.
- To apply, send résumé with cover letter to Christine Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the number of applications received, only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was born out of a love for the deep wisdom of Ayurveda, and our mission is to help people achieve and maintain optimal health and well-being. We serve the growing communities of Ayurveda and Yoga by offering sustainable, organic herbs and products, and providing accessible and inspiring educational content to our audience. We take pride in the fun, friendly, fast-paced work environment at Banyan where education, inspiration, and motivation are the undercurrents of the workday. We are looking for bright, motivated, and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team.