Daily Swish Travel Packets—For Ayurveda On the Go!
The one thing that can make an Ayurvedic lifestyle difficult while traveling is figuring out how to pack my oil. There is always the risk of it spilling all over my clothes—and as we know, that is not amenable to a one-wash, quick fix. So I end up wrapping the oil bottle in plastic wrap, putting it in a ziploc bag… and then hoping it doesn’t leak. If I can only take a carry-on, well, that’s a whole different problem since Daily Swish, for instance, has not been available in a travel-friendly size until now!
A solid morning routine is central to an Ayurvedic lifestyle. It is particularly important during travel, which is sure to affect the ether and air elements (vata) in the body. A stable and consistent morning routine brings regularity and grounding to an otherwise mobile, and often hectic, time of life.
Consider this simple six-step morning routine while you are traveling to mitigate the effects of travel on your body:
- If possible, wake up leisurely. Sleep is one of the best remedies for high vata.
- Upon waking, give your mind and body a few minutes to ease in to the new day with ten rounds of deep and slow Nadi Shodhana (Alternate Nostril Breathing).
- Wash your face, brush your teeth, scrape your tongue, and practice oil pulling with Daily Swish.
To make your life easier, Banyan Botanicals is now introducing Daily Swish in a single use size! Throw a handful of these in your suitcase, tear open a pouch every morning, empty it in your mouth, and swish. No mess, no fuss, no stress. (Read here for more information on the benefits of oil pulling and why you would not want to miss this step in your morning routine.)
- Do just three rounds (or more if you have time!) of slow and steady Sun Salutations (Surya Namaskar). End the routine with a foot massage.
- Take a warm and relaxing shower.
- Before you go out the door, take a dose of I Travel Well.
Above all, remember to give yourself enough time to go through the routine without being rushed. Depending on how much time you need to dress and get ready, you can easily complete the above routine in 30–45 minutes. Try it out—you will surely feel the difference!