Amalaki has been nicknamed “mother” and “nurse” and is known as the ultimate healer in the Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia. Amalaki is also known as “Amla”, and is regarded as a universal remedy. A rejuvenative that strengthens and nourishes the whole body*, the many benefits of Amalaki include:
- Supports healthy digestion and elimination*
- Calms, cools, nourishes & tones tissues and organs*
- Promotes healthy eyes, hair and nails*
- Strengthens bones and teeth*
- Balances agni (digestive fire)*
- Has a sattvic effect for subtle awareness and overall wellbeing*
- Builds ojas for healthy immune response and youthfulness*
Amalaki is a fruit that contains natural antioxidants. Amalaki is the main ingredient of Chyavanprash—a traditional and tasty jam for both kids and adults that delivers the healing and protective qualities of Amalaki and its other herbs deep into the bodily tissues*.
Banyan Botanicals provides Amalaki in both tablets and powder form. Amalaki is also an essential ingredient in these synergistic formulas:
Amalaki is beneficial to all three doshas—vata, pitta and kapha. Formulas containing Amalaki work optimally when taken according to your individual constitution or Ayurvedic dosha, current state of health and season.