Shilajit Benefits & Uses
Shilajit is a natural mineral that exudes from the ancient rocks of the Himalayan mountains. A key mineral supplement of the Ayurvedic pharmacopoeia, Shilajit is known as a panacea for its strengthening and rejuvenative qualities. Shilajit is beneficial on its own and also improves the potency and effectiveness of other herbs.
Benefits of Shilajit
- Promotes rejuvenation & detoxification*
- Supports healthy aging*
- Enhances the potency of other herbs*
- Maintains balanced blood sugar levels already in normal range*
- Supports the kidneys & urinary tract*
- Supports healthy absorption of nutrients*
- Supports vitality & stamina*
- Revitalizes the libido and reproductive system*
- Removes excess kapha (earth & water element)
Traditionally, Shilajit is known as yoga vahi—which means “joining carrier”—because of its ability to carry and drive nutrients deep into the body so they can work most effectively. Shilajit can be used by all Ayurvedic body-types. As a yoga vahi, Shilajit can be taken with other herbs and supplements to enhance their effectiveness.
Shilajit is available from Banyan Botanicals as a single herb tablet.