- Ayurvedic Diet Cooking and Recipes
- Ayurvedic Supplements and Herbs
- Banyan Blog
- Beauty (Healthy Skin and Hair)
- Cleansing and Detoxification
- Healthy Bodily Systems and Functions
- Healthy Bone and Joints
- Healthy Digestion and Bowel Function
- Healthy Heart and Circulation
- Healthy Kids
- Healthy Lungs and Sinus
- Immune Support
- Manage Kapha
- Manage Pitta
- Manage Vata
- Massage and Routines
- Men's Health
- Stress and Energy
- Urinary Health
- Weight Management
- Women's Health
- Yoga and Meditation
- Your Constitution and General Ayurveda
Supportive Lifestyle Choices During Fall Cleanse
posted in Banyan Blog
An Ayurvedic Cleanse provides an opportunity to slow the flood of physical and environmental stressors so that the body can rest, recuperate, and repair itself. Though a cleanse is primarily food based, lifestyle recommendations help you to make the most of this healing process.
Here are a few tips for Lifestyle Choices to Support Your Ayurvedic Cleanse:
- Keep your activities as quiet and mindful as possible.
- Surround yourself with things that you find uplifting and nourishing.
- Minimize stress and exposure to frantic or disturbing environments.
- A cleanse can stir up unresolved emotions so it is important to be prepared for some emotional purging as well. If intense emotions arise during or after your cleanse, greet your emotions with compassion, observe them with detached awareness, and allow them simply to move through – honoring yourself in the process.
- REST as much as possible. You can ensure that the bulk of your energy is devoted to cleansing by minimizing the number of resources that your body allocates elsewhere.