Ayurvedic oil has been relied upon for thousands of years as a fundamental part of Ayurveda. Oil is traditionally used in Ayurvedic healing in a variety of ways including raw consumption, cooking, massage, bathing, gargling, basti
(colon nourishment) and nasya
(nasal passage nourishment).
Two basic categories of Ayurvedic oil:
- Base Oil – Pure, whole, organic oil from a natural source (such as sesame, almond, coconut or sunflower)
- Herbal Oil – A base oil infused with a decoction of one or more Ayurvedic herbs – combining the nourishing and soothing qualities of the oil with the healing properties of the herbs.
Ayurvedic oil calming, soothing, moistening and lubricating. Furthermore, the word for oil in Sanskrit – sneha
– is also a word for love, and therefore holds a special place in the Ayurvedic tradition as the ultimate nourisher and carrier of love. Ayurvedic oil transmits these qualities deep into the tissues of the body.
Enjoy a 10% discount on your first Banyan Botanicals purchase!
Banyan Botanicals offers these pure, unrefined and certified organic base Ayurvedic oils:
- Almond Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Sunflower Oil
We also make traditionally formulated herbal Ayurvedic oils:
- Vata Massage Oil (supports space-air types)
- Pitta Massage Oil (supports fire-water types)
- Kapha Massage Oil (supports water-earth types)
- Ashwagandha/Bala oil (nourishing & strengthening support)
- Bhringaraj Oil (healthy hair & calm sleep support)
- Brahmi Oil (mental awareness & clarity support)
- Mahanarayan Oil (muscle & joint support)
- Neem Oil (cooling support)
- Nasya Oil (nasal passageway support)
About Banyan Botanicals
Banyan Botanicals was established in 1996 as your ethical, knowledgeable source for Ayurvedic herbs and products – like Ayurvedic oil. To support the planet and your health, we are committed to using herbs that are pure, USDA certified organic, sustainably sourced and fairly traded.