Ayurvedic healing originated in India more than 5,000 years ago and is known as the world’s oldest healing science. Consisting of two Sanskrit words, ayush
– meaning life or longevity and veda
meaning deep knowledge or wisdom, Ayurveda means “life wisdom” or the “knowledge of longevity”. Ayurvedic healing has thrived over time, and provided the foundation for many modern systems of medicine.
Ayurvedic healing is a practical system that aligns you with your own natural state of balance. Its strategies are rooted in the natural rhythms of your body and environment. Recognized by the World Health Organization as an effective, traditional health science, Ayurveda is the handbook to your body that you should have received as a child.
5 Fundamental components of Ayurvedic healing:
Enjoy – a 10% discount on your first Banyan Botanicals purchase.
- Diet – Seasonal, freshly prepared foods emphasizing whole grains, proteins, vegetables, fruits and dairy. Meals eaten at regular intervals and according to individual state of health.
- Lifestyle – A balanced, routine lifestyle based on the natural circadian cycles of the body, the rhythms of nature and the person’s individual body-mind constitution.
- Cleansing & Nourishing Therapies – Ayurvedic healing therapies may be hands-on or self-performed and include oil massage, application of herbal pastes, Marma Point therapy, cleansing therapies and nourishing therapies for all layers of the body and mind. Traditional healing remedies can also include the wearing of specific gemstones or metals
- Inquiry – Inquiry into one’s nature is encouraged and the specific approach depends on the inclination of the individual. Possible modes of inquiry include contemplation, philosophy, religion, psychotherapy, jyotisha (vedic astrology), prayer, meditation and yoga.
- Herbs – The ayurvedic pharmacopeia ranges from kitchen spices and herbs to minerals, resins, leaves and roots prepared and formulated in a variety of ways including tablets, jams and oils.
Ayurveda has categorized three body types or constitutions. Your individualized combination of these three Ayurvedic constitutions determines your likely pitfalls and most optimal means to healing. The types (or doshas
) are Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Empowered with this Ayurvedic healing knowledge, you can learn personalized practices to become more resilient, vibrant and healthy.
About Banyan Botanicals
Established in 1996, our mission is to provide the highest quality herbs and products to support Ayurvedic healing. We are committed to raw materials and products that are pure, USDA certified organic, sustainably sourced and fairly traded. Banyan Botanicals is your ethical, knowledgeable source for the highest standards of whole Ayurvedic herbs, herbal formulas and lifestyle products.